FACILITY OPERATIONS MANAGER
Location: Royal City, WA
Reports to: Director of Operations
Salary: Commensurate with Industry Standards and Experience
Leading the market with Arctic® branded fruit products that consistently deliver exceptional eating experience to consumers through transparent stakeholder outreach, communication and innovative science.
The Facility Operations Manager will work closely with the Director of Operations to assess, plan, and facilitate the development of facility infrastructure, equipment, staffing, and operating structure for a centralized fruit receiving, storage, processing, packing, shipping facility located in Washington State. Additionally, this individual will be responsible for overseeing and assessing daily facility operations with a goal of driving continuous improvement and optimization of all processes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Facility Operations Manager will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following activities:
- Direct and manage plant operations for cold storage, production, maintenance, quality control, and shipping/receiving functions;
- Establish and implement cost effective systems to track and control facility capital expenditures, operating expenditures, manpower, wages, salaries and daily production cost performance;
- Assist the Director of Operations in establishing annual facility Capex and Opex budgets;
- Develop, monitor, and report on facility performance metrics that will maximize stewardship, safety, quality, and productivity;
- Assist in the development and commit to company food and worker safety programs;
- Work closely with the Director of Operations to establish facility specific HR requirements for key positions and to establish reporting structure within the facility management, staff and employees;
- Manage the hiring and performance of all facility operations employees;
- Establish supervisory and technical training programs required to accomplish operational goals and objectives;
- Work with local Government, construction companies, equipment vendors, packaging suppliers and Industry stakeholders on operations related initiatives;
- Work closely with company Marketing and Sales teams to align short and long-term production requirements with marketing and sales plans;
- Work with local community educators (schools, community colleges, etc.) to help bring training curriculums in line with facility needs and stable, long-term employment opportunities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in business management, production management or other applicable industry preferred;
- A minimum of 10 years of operations and process management experience in the apple, tree fruits, produce primary production and value-added processing industry;
- At least 5 years of management experience;
- Experience working in a vertically-integrated organization at the management level;
- Experience with HR development including recruitment, training, and leading employees at management and supervisory level;
- Knowledge of current food safety standards and regulations applicable to the fruit processing industry;
- Experience with cold chain, product flow, and production logistics;
- Comprehensive experience in Quality Control program development and implementation.
DESIRED KEY COMPETENCIES
- Ability to understand and execute on the company’s mission and values;
- Leadership qualities and capable of assembling a team able to achieve facility operational objectives;
- Maintain a high degree of ethical standard and trustworthiness;
- Capable of fostering change in a production environment;
- Deals with conflict in a direct, positive manner;
- Able to achieve goals through personal execution of required activities or delegation to team members;
- Ability to think and adapt to a rapidly changing environment;
- Fosters innovation through creative solutions;
- Proficient at communicating in both oral and written forms (English – must), (Spanish – optional, but an asset);
- Fosters constructive dialogue and feelings toward the company, coworkers, and tasks being managed;
- Well organized and capable of clear communication through technology (i.e. Outlook, PowerPoint, and other programs used to create and distribute reports and key information);
- Effective organization and implementation of large projects;
- Up-to-date knowledge on industry current practices and key trade and education events;
- Maintain a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail;
- Energized by accomplishments and excellence in project execution and workplace operational efficiency;
- Capable of high performance in independent work as well as in team setting.
Please direct all cover letters and resumes to email@example.com.
Deadline for applications is May 11, 2018.