Position: Stakeholder and Industry Relations Specialist
Reports to: Manager, Industry Relations and Education
Leading the market with Arctic® branded fruit products that consistently deliver exceptional eating experience to consumers through transparent stakeholder outreach, communication, and innovative science.
Okanagan Specialty Fruits Inc. (www.okspecialtyfruits.com) is a dynamic agriculture biotechnology company based in Summerland, BC, Canada that specializes in the development and market introduction of novel tree fruit varieties. This position supports our constantly expanding range of activities, including the commercialization of our nonbrowning Arctic® apple varieties (www.arcticapples.com) in both the US and Canada.
The Stakeholder and Industry Relations Specialist (SIRS) position ensures that the value of Arctic® apples as a product and brand is recognized throughout the produce and/or biotechnology industries and related stakeholders. The purpose of this position is to deepen our company’s relationships and foster meaningful interactions with the company’s stakeholders through education about Arctic® apples and outreach within industries. The SIRS will work collaboratively with the Marketing and Communications team for information and resource sharing, creating effective strategies to promote education, and social license of Arctic® apples and OSF. The SIRS will work with the Manager, Industry Relations and Education (MIRE) to identify, develop, and maintain external relationships with stakeholders including but not limited to produce, agricultural, and biotech organizations throughout jurisdictions where OSF is building the company’s business.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher; business, public relations, science or agriculture majors preferred.
- Five to seven years of experience in the fields of molecular biology, nutrition or produce working with different levels of industry.
- Clear understanding of the biotechnology or produce industries.
- Strong interpersonal skills. A critical thinker and problem solver that is resourceful, innovative, and creative.
- Ability to travel by air, train, car for approximately 30% of the year.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills with attention to detail.
- Results-oriented, self-starter, and self-manager, with an ability to work both independently and in a group.
- Professional in writing, by phone, by video, and in person.
- Understand the challenges in the produce and biotechnology industries, develop and recommend strategies for industry outreach and education.
- Work with MIRE and Marketing and Communications team on educational programs and resources within the stakeholder base.
- Work with MIRE to develop and execute outreach plan, forecasting future stakeholder needs, and events of interest.
- Maintain relationships with corporations and industry through invitation to special events, information exchanges, and attendance at key stakeholder events.
- Work with MIRE and broader team to develop and implement strategic community relations strategies and resources.
- Help manage external sponsorship opportunities, engagement, and partnerships.
- Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of OSF activities, priorities, messaging, and needs.
- Help assure that industry relations initiatives are aligned with marketing, communications, and sales activities to ensure that priority products and services are promoted through industry relations initiatives as appropriate.
- Assist in content creation including bylines, blog posts, and other thought leadership-oriented materials as directed.
- Help to manage and develop content for industry focused online platforms and communications, ensuring stakeholders are informed and engaged.
- Work with MIRE to set and meet clear goals for each industry stakeholder group.
- Coordinate, develop, and deliver as needed, presentations.
- Assist in responding to inquiries about OSF and Arctic®.
- Provide weekly updates through meetings and reports.
- Perform other duties as directed by supervisor.
Please send cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Applications will be accepted until February 28, 2019.