We’re hiring a Sales and Customer Support Specialist.
OSF MISSION STATEMENT
Leading the market with Arctic® branded fruit products that consistently deliver exceptional eating experience to consumers through transparent stakeholder outreach, communication and innovative science.
Okanagan Specialty Fruits Inc. (www.okspecialtyfruits.com) is a dynamic agriculture biotechnology company based in Summerland, BC, Canada that specializes in the development and market introduction of novel tree fruit varieties. This position supports our constantly expanding range of activities, including the commercialization of our nonbrowning Arctic® apple varieties (www.arcticapples.com) in both the US and Canada.
Position: Sales and Customer Support Specialist
Location: Summerland, BC
Reports to: JF Gamelin, Director of Sales
Status: Full Time
The Sales and Customer Support Specialist is responsible for facilitating the workflow throughout all process of the sales cycle while minimizing hold times and optimizing results at each step. Combining superior listening and communication skills, the Sales and Customer Support Specialist is always seeking a novel approach in all situations to better support the Sales team as well as internal and external stakeholders. The successful candidate will also be responsible for handling customer inquiries promptly and effectively in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment, in addition to assisting in various cross-functional activities.
- College diploma or higher; business administration related major preferred. Comparable experience may be considered.
- 1-3 years’ experience in sales/customer service functions, food industry preferred, as well as experience in working in a collaborative atmosphere with various departments within the organization.
- Proven track record of supporting sales opportunities through inbound leads while understanding customer needs and requirements.
- Strong telephone skills, while remaining courteous, articulate and confident at all times when responding to requests and inquiries.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel). CRM software experience highly preferred.
- Creative thinking with the ability to resolve problems and conflicts with customers.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task and work under tight deadlines with strong attention to detail.
- Self-motivated team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Bilingual French/English preferred.
- Ability to travel by air, train, car on occasion, as situation dictates.
- Build relationships with customers and various stakeholders by proactively following up on all requests, inquiries and concerns.
- Responsible for relaying information promptly and coordinating with internal teams and customers.
- Acting as a bridge between customers and Sales, generate defined consolidated sales and customers reports to Management team from which challenges, opportunities and problem solving can be identified.
- Understand the needs and expectations of the customers and handle traffic communication while assisting by providing relevant options.
- Proactively handle and manage day-to-day logistics, such as but not limited to purchase orders, quality claims and complaints, tracking of deliveries and inventory status.
- Demonstrate different methods and approaches to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Establish professional relationships with customers and maintain these relationships to better respond to all inquiries and resolve queries where and when needed.
- Actively participate in all Sales team meetings and reporting.
- Work closely with all internal team members and external customers to insure high customer satisfaction.
- Ensure follow-up by passing on leads to appropriate team members with calls-to-action, dates, complete profile information, sources, etc.
- Maintain and fully manage Zoho, the company’s CRM tools and functions to optimize the Sales team activities. This includes but is not limited to account details, sales history data, event planning support and profiles of inbound and outbound leads.
- Support the Sales team in coordinating relevant sales functions and responsibilities with exhibits, trade shows, and other events.
- Effectively track in CRM and communicate all follow up customers’ activities for sales team members, assuring the Director of Sales is up-to-date on status on all activities.
- Complete other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until January 25, 2019.