Position: Marketing Manager
Location: Summerland, BC
Department: Marketing and Communications
Reports to: Director of Marketing and Communications
Status: Full Time
Leading the market with Arctic® branded fruit products that consistently deliver exceptional eating experience to consumers through transparent stakeholder outreach, communication and innovative science.
Okanagan Specialty Fruits Inc. (www.okspecialtyfruits.com) is a dynamic agriculture biotechnology company based in Summerland, BC, Canada that specializes in the development and market introduction of novel tree fruit varieties. This position supports our constantly expanding range of activities, including the commercialization of our nonbrowning Arctic® apple varieties (www.arcticapples.com) in both the US and Canada.
Okanagan Specialty Fruits is seeking a dynamic, self-starter to serve as a Marketing Manager. This role will be responsible for day-to-day marketing functions, as well as marketing initiatives implementation for the company. The Marketing Manager will also manage the execution of ad plans, collateral build and trade show activities. The ideal candidate for this position is highly organized and self-motivated with a strong desire for success, a positive attitude who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Administration, or other related degree; or combination of education and equivalent experience.
- Five (5)+ years of related marketing related experience, with preference given to candidates who have experience in the food industry.
- Strong creative outlook.
- Experience with packaging printing methods and design.
- Knowledge of digital marketing and best practices.
- Confident and dynamic personality.
- Demonstrate exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrates the highest ethical standards and trustworthiness at all times.
- Maintains a high degree of accuracy with specific attention to details.
- Demonstrates exceptional planning, organization and execution skills.
- Ability and willingness to prioritize and realign priorities when situations change.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude, in the face of difficult or dynamic circumstances.
- Handle a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment, and prioritize effectively.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Willingness to travel by air, train or car as job requires.
- Coordinate all marketing and advertising for the company.
- Work with team, develop the marketing strategy for the company in line with company objectives and within established budget.
- Management and organization of exhibitions and events.
- Co-ordinate marketing campaigns with sales activities.
- Create and publish of all marketing material in line with marketing plans.
- Plan and implement promotional campaigns.
- Manage and improve lead generation campaigns, measuring results.
- Overall responsibility for brand management and corporate identity.
- Prepare online and print marketing campaigns in conjunction with communications team.
- Monitor and report on effectiveness of marketing communications.
- Create a wide range of different marketing materials.
- Work closely with team’s graphic designer and assist with new product launches.
- Maintain effective internal communications to ensure that all relevant company functions are kept informed of marketing objectives.
- Analyze potential strategic partner relationships for company marketing.
- Complete other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
Please submit cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Applications will be accepted until January 25, 2019.