Location: Summerland, BC
Reports to: Rebecca Catlett, Director of Marketing and Communications
Leading the market with Arctic® branded fruit products that consistently deliver exceptional eating experience to consumers through transparent stakeholder outreach, communication and innovative science.
The Manager, Industry Relations and Education (MIRE) position ensures that the value of Arctic® apples as a product and brand is recognized throughout the industry and with all stakeholders. The purpose of this position is to spearhead activities to deepen OSF’s relationships and foster meaningful interactions with stakeholders through education and advocacy related to Arctic® apples and biotechnology. The MIRE will work with the OSF Marketing, Communications and Sales teams for information and resource sharing, helping to create effective communication strategies to promote education and social license of Arctic® apples and OSF. The MIRE will lead the development and execution of a strategy to expand education activities, build positive relationships, and lead the Education and Industry Relations team in implementing this strategy.
- 5-10 years experience in Agricultural Biotechnology.
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in Business, Marketing or Public Relations required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills with attention to detail and ability to follow through/
- Results-oriented, self-starter and self-manager, with an ability to work both independently and in a group.
- Highly proficient interpersonal skills.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, others as needed.
- Professional in writing, by phone, by video and in person.
- Lead development and implementation of engagement plans to guide and track programs.
- Manage and oversee the generation of strategy and goals focused on increasing the awareness among key stakeholders such as retail dietitians, produce and agricultural organizations, including clear goal setting for each interest group.
- Lead Education and Industry Relations to build and maintain relationships with community stakeholders and external partners.
- Attend regular association Board and Committee meetings providing updates and advice as required, representing OSF on pertinent advisory committees.
- Oversee and execute on the development and implementation of effective approaches and activities for increasing the awareness of our firm’s technology and its products within nutrition, produce, and some science communities, and advocate for embracing such technologies and products through change and education.
- Work with MarCom team members to plan and execute events and activities in support of the stakeholder relations and outreach strategy; while including in this strategy methods to help drive sales.
- Research, identify, propose and implement opportunities to educate, inform and build relationships with key audiences and stakeholders through communications and/or sponsorship at selected events.
- Attend events to meet with key industry stakeholders, create partnership opportunities and disseminate OSF messaging.
- Provide weekly updates through meetings and reports.
- Coordinate, and deliver as needed, presentations.
- Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of OSF activities, priorities and needs.
- Work with broader team to develop and implement strategic community relations strategies and resources.
- Help coordinate production and distribution of promotional materials.
- Collaborate with Communication Specialist to set social media strategy.
- Perform other duties as directed by supervisor.
Please submit cover letter and resume to [email protected] Position will remain open until suitable candidate is found.