Position: Key Account Manager
Reports to: JF Gamelin, Director of Sales
Status: Full Time
Leading the market with Arctic® branded fruit products that consistently deliver exceptional eating experience to consumers through transparent stakeholder outreach, communication and innovative science.
Okanagan Specialty Fruits Inc. (www.okspecialtyfruits.com) is a dynamic agriculture biotechnology company based in Summerland, BC, Canada that specializes in the development and market introduction of novel tree fruit varieties. This position supports our constantly expanding range of activities, including the commercialization of our nonbrowning Arctic® apple varieties (www.arcticapples.com) in both the US and Canada.
The Key Account Manager is responsible for growing the OSF business throughout the territory, by managing strategic key accounts for the organization, while maximizing sales opportunities in all channels, more specifically retail and foodservice. By supporting and executing the strategic sales plan, the Key Account Manager will generate growing and profitable sales, by building and maintaining long-term business relationships as well as comprehending key account requirements, to achieve mutual business objectives. Combining various skillsets, such as superior listening and communication skills, the Key Account Manager is leveraging category management experience and supply chain knowledge to bring breakthrough ideas and solutions to key business partners. The successful candidate will perform assigned daily responsibilities effectively in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment, in addition to assisting in various cross-functional activities.
- 4-yr college degree in business, ag-business, ag-marketing or related field.
- 8-10 years’ experience in produce sales and account management functions, as well as experience in working in a collaborative atmosphere with various departments within the organization.
- Astute sales acumen, with perspective and holistic approach to retail/foodservice category management, volume and sales forecasting as well as key account development.
- Strong comprehensive knowledge of all channels within the industry.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel). CRM software experience highly preferred.
- Creative thinking with the ability to resolve problems and conflicts with customers.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task and work under tight deadlines with strong attention to detail.
- Self-motivated team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate with customers and consumers about our brand.
- Bilingual Spanish/English preferred.
- Ability to travel by air, train, car as situation dictates.
- Lead external communication with assigned key strategic accounts through various means, such as business reviews, joint business planning, scorecarding, and forecasting to enhance sales performance and continuous product portfolio growth.
- Collaborate with operation and marketing teams to support and deliver retail and foodservice go-to-market strategies, while providing solutions for issues pertinent to business success.
- Accountable for account forecasts and estimated growth plans, and develop mutual key performance indicators with customers to achieve sales success.
- Responsible for, in collaboration with the merchandising and marketing teams building, implementing and executing promotional calendars and other promotional activities, to increase sales movement and generated revenue.
- Maintain a thorough working knowledge of all programs and a complete awareness and understanding of the industry as it pertains to competition, markets, products, pricing and trends.
- Effectively track in CRM and communicate all follow up customers’ activities for sales team members, assuring the Director of Sales is up-to-date on status on all activities.
- Collaborate with the Merchandising Manager, Retail/Foodservice for post evaluation analysis of performance of executed merchandising plans and programs.
- Use a variety of data sources, such as internal sales reports, Nielsen data and market trends to collaboratively develop and suggest avenues for growth with business partners.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with customers and various stakeholders, by proactively responding to special requests and proactively managing day-to-day key issues and challenges.
- Actively participate in all Sales team meetings and reporting.
- Attend relevant sales functions activities, such as exhibits, trade shows, and other events as requested.
- Work closely with all internal team members and external customers to insure high customer satisfaction
- Complete other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
Please submit applications to [email protected] by July 12, 2019.