Position: Human Resources Manager
Location: Summerland, BC
Reports to: Director of Finance and Accounting
Status: Full Time
Leading the market with Arctic® branded fruit products that consistently deliver exceptional eating experience to consumers through transparent stakeholder outreach, communication and innovative science.
Okanagan Specialty Fruits Inc. (www.okspecialtyfruits.com) is a dynamic agriculture biotechnology company based in Summerland, BC, Canada that specializes in the development and market introduction of novel tree fruit varieties. This position supports our constantly expanding range of activities, including the commercialization of our nonbrowning Arctic® apple varieties (www.arcticapples.com) in both the US and Canada.
Okanagan Specialty Fruits is seeking a dynamic, self-starter to serve as a Human Resources (HR) Manager. This role will be responsible for day-to-day HR functions, as well as HR Operations initiatives implementation for the company. The HR Manager will also manage the recruiting process, working closely with the company’s senior management and others to assist in the on-boarding of top talent. The ideal candidate for this position is highly organized and self-motivated with a strong desire for success, a positive attitude who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Organizational Development, or other related degree; or combination of education and equivalent experience.
- Five (5) plus years of related human resources/recruiting experience.
- Experience working in a multi-national company preferred. (Specifically, Canada and the US)
- Maintain the highest degree of confidentiality.
- Ability to anticipate and deliver upon the needs of the organization.
- Demonstrate exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrates the highest ethical standards and trustworthiness at all times.
- Maintains a high degree of accuracy with specific attention to details.
- Demonstrates exceptional planning, organization and execution skills.
- Ability and willingness to prioritize and realign priorities when situations change.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude, in the face of difficult or dynamic circumstances.
- Handle a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment, and prioritize effectively.
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of dynamic situations.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Maintain compliance with employment laws and regulations; as well as compliance and application of Company HR processes and procedures.
- Assess and anticipate HR-related needs.
- Address HR inquires, involving company management as needed. Act as the liaison between employees and management when appropriate in regard to employee relations, benefits inquires, policy and procedure interpretation, Company HR processes, performance and / or behavior issues, and general inquires.
- Create and maintain positive professional relationships with all management and staff employees at each location.
- Responsible for preparation and updating Company’s Employee Policy Manual and other related documents.
- Maintain an effective level of business literacy about the operations at each location.
- Perform exit interviews with employees resigning or terminated from the Company.
- Work closely with management and staff to improve and maintain Company loyalty, positive working relationships, employee morale, increased productivity, and employee retention.
- Maintain and capture accurate and timely updates on recruiting.
- Assist with assessing recruitment needs and writing job descriptions.
- Assist with interview scheduling.
- Follow-up with Management following interviews to obtain status of candidates interviewed; and to collect all interview notes and materials.
- May be part of the verbal offer process.
- Create all of the offer letters for all candidates and processes offer letters in accordance with Company policy.
- Act as Orientation Facilitator during employees’ first day with OSF.
- Complete other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to [email protected].
Applications will be accepted until February 28, 2019.