Position: FOOD SAFETY QUALITY ASSURANCE MANAGER
Location: Royal City, WA
Reports to: Facility Operations Manager
Salary: Commensurate with Industry Standards and Experience
Okanagan Specialty Fruits Inc. (www.okspecialtyfruits.com) is a dynamic agriculture biotechnology company based in Summerland, BC, Canada that specializes in the development and market introduction of novel tree fruit varieties. This position supports our constantly expanding range of activities, including the commercialization of our nonbrowning Arctic® apple varieties (www.arcticapples.com) in both the US and Canada.
Leading the market with Arctic® branded fruit products that consistently deliver exceptional eating experience to consumers through transparent stakeholder outreach, communication and innovative science.
As a new fast growing company, with a rapidly growing facility and business we are searching for a Food Safety Quality Assurance Manager that has knowledge and experience in HACCP, FSMA, food safety pre-requisite programs and is responsible for understanding and implementing all applicable food regulations.The successful candidate will help to develop, implement and enforce security and food safety standards, policies, and programs including HACCP, SQF/BRC and GFSI, regulatory audits, food safety training programs, standard operating procedures (SOP’s), product inspections, and standardized work instructions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Food Safety Quality Manager will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following activities:
- Develop and provide training for food safety and quality requirements.
- Develop and maintain documentation such as SOP’s, SSOP’s and Corrective Action reports.
- Maintenance of manuals, policies and procedures as relate to any food safety standards and concerns.
- Assure compliance with cGMP’s, and written SOP’s and SSOP’s.
- Conduct internal food safety audits and manage third party audits.
- Monitor and verify activities to ensure that all products coming in and out of the facility meet food safety standards in addition to quality standards.
- Assist Orchard Management in developing food safety standards.
- Manage the product recall program by establishing and implementing traceability and mock recalls.
- Assist Sales team with vendor registration requirements as related to Food Safety and Certification requirements.
- Oversee proper maintenance and sanitation of all facility to comply with food safety requirements.
- Ensure that all company food safety and quality assurance procedures are followed and documented correctly at all .
- Complete other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of Science degree in Food Science, Chemistry, Microbiology or similar.
- Experience with department development and hiring processes.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Food Safety Management preferred with experience supervising staff.
- Management level experience in HACCP, USDA, or FDA preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of HACCP, GMP’s, GHP’s and GAP’s. HACCP and PCQI certification desired.
- Previous experience with SQF, BRC, GFSI, Primus, and/or USDA audits desirable.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Have strong communication skills and proficiency in English reading and writing.
- Must be flexible with work hours and days, with occasional overnight travel.
Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position will remain open until suitable candidate is found.