Position: Field Merchandising Manager
Reports to: JF Gamelin, Director of Sales
Status: Full Time
Leading the market with Arctic® branded fruit products that consistently deliver exceptional eating experience to consumers through transparent stakeholder outreach, communication and innovative science.
Okanagan Specialty Fruits Inc. (www.okspecialtyfruits.com) is a dynamic agriculture biotechnology company based in Summerland, BC, Canada that specializes in the development and market introduction of novel tree fruit varieties. This position supports our constantly expanding range of activities, including the commercialization of our nonbrowning Arctic® apple varieties (www.arcticapples.com) in both the US and Canada.
The Field Merchandising Manager is responsible for executing marketing, sales and merchandising strategies to generate growing and profitable sales to dedicated customers. Combining various skillsets, such as superior listening and communication skills, the Field Merchandising Manager is always seeking a unique approach to complete all assigned tasks and responsibilities, while supporting the Sales team as well as internal and external stakeholders. Exceptional execution is key to the success of this position. The successful candidate will perform assigned daily responsibilities effectively in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment, in addition to assisting in various cross-functional activities.
- Four (4) year college degree in business, ag-business, ag-marketing or related field preferred.
- 8-10 years experience in sales/merchandising functions, food industry preferred, as well as experience in working in a collaborative atmosphere with various departments within the organization.
- Astute sales acumen, an eye for product positioning, and co-merchandising skill set.
- Strong comprehensive knowledge of retail needs, while having an eye for aesthetically pleasing design to setup and maintain displays.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel). CRM software experience highly preferred.
- Creative thinking with the ability to resolve problems and conflicts with customers.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task, and work under tight deadlines with strong attention to detail.
- Self-motivated team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate with customers and consumers about our brand.
- Bilingual Spanish/English preferred.
- Ability to travel by air, train, car as situation dictates.
- Determines call schedule by reviewing priorities with immediate supervisor; discussing special instructions, product promotions, new products, and promotional activities.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with customers and various stakeholders by proactively answering their questions; responding to special requests; describing product features.
- Perform retail checks and store visits to assigned retailers to maximize sales of Arctic® products as well as consumer awareness.
- Work closely with department heads to communicate how Arctic® products should be displayed to maximize sales.
- Supply and educate customers and produce managers with point of sale and point of purchase materials.
- Maintain awareness of competitor performance while gathering information on consumer behavior to products within the category.
- Provide comprehensive reporting on growth, expansion or closing stores/supermarkets in assigned territories.
- Observe and analyze inventory levels and prompt store manager to reorder when levels appear low while tidying store shelves to provide optimum display of Arctic® products.
- Actively participate in all Sales team meetings and reporting.
- Work closely with all internal team members and external customers to insure high customer satisfaction.
- Enhance merchandising reputation and status by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and creative requests while exploring opportunities to add value to Arctic® product experience.
- Attend relevant sales functions activities such as exhibits, trade shows, and other events as requested.
- Effectively track in CRM and communicate all follow up customer activities for sales team members, assuring the Director of Sales is up-to-date on status on all activities.
- Complete other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
Please submit cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Applications will be accepted until March 22, 2019.