Leading the market with Arctic® branded fruit products that consistently deliver exceptional eating experience to consumers through transparent stakeholder outreach, communication, and innovative science.
Reports to: Director of Finance, Accounting and Administration
Okanagan Specialty Fruits Inc. (OSF) is a dynamic agriculture biotechnology company based in Summerland, BC, Canada that specializes in the development and market introduction of novel tree fruit varieties. This position is responsible for supporting the accounting department within the OSF spectrum of operations to support OSF’s constantly expanding range of activities, including the commercialization of our nonbrowning Arctic® apple varieties in the US and Canada.
This is a salaried, full-time position with highly competitive pay including 100% employer paid extended health and dental benefits plus RRSP matching program.
- Minimum of five (5) years of bookkeeping experience.
- Formal post-secondary training in bookkeeping or accounting.
- Experience using Quick Books, ADP, and familiarity with ERP systems (Visual Produce).
- Enthusiastic, positive energy that aligns with the company’s entrepreneurial attitude.
- Strong technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- The ability to work under pressure.
- Mandatory attention to detail.
- Ability to work within a team environment; skilled at interpersonal, verbal, and written communication.
- High degree of organizational and time management expertise.
- With direction from supervisor, assist with all aspects of completing month-end accounting and the generation of monthly financial statements.
- Assist with accounts payables and receivables, including coding of expenses, cheque preparation, and payments to vendors.
- Assist with payroll processing, including maintaining paystubs for employees and year-end payroll preparation.
- Process monthly employee expense reports.
- Other duties as directed by supervisor.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until suitable candidate is found.