Sales and Customer Support Specialist
Okanagan Specialty Fruits Inc. (www.okspecialtyfruits.com) is a dynamic agriculture biotechnology company based in Summerland, BC, Canada that specializes in the development and market introduction of novel tree fruit varieties. This position supports our constantly expanding range of activities, including the commercialization of our nonbrowning Arctic® apple varieties (www.arcticapples.com) in both the US and Canada.
Location: Summerland, BC
Reports to: JF Gamelin, Director of Sales
Status: Full Time
The Sales and Customer Support Specialist is responsible for facilitating the workflow throughout all processes of the sales cycle, while minimizing hold times and optimizing results at each step. Combining superior listening and communication skills, the Sales and Customer Support Specialist is always seeking a novel approach in all situations to better support the Sales team as well as internal and external stakeholders. The successful candidate will also be responsible for handling customer inquiries promptly and effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Marketing or other related degree; or combination of education and equivalent experience.
- 3-7 years of sales, customer support and shipping related experience.
- Strong communication skills.
- Collaborative nature and willingness to bring creative, pertinent ideas to the team.
- Demonstration of exceptional written and oral communication skills with impeccable attention to detail.
- Demonstration of the highest ethical standards and trustworthiness at all times.
- Demonstration of exceptional planning, organization and execution skills.
- Ability and willingness to prioritize and realign priorities when situations change.
- Able to handle a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment, and prioritize effectively.
- Proficient with, Adobe Creative Suite, MS Office software, Google G-Suite.
- Proficiency with Customer Relationship Management Programs mandatory.
- Professionalism in all representations of the company.
- Willingness to travel as job requires.
- Customer service – which includes but is not limited to establishing professional relationships with customers, maintaining relationships to better respond to all inquiries, resolving queries when needed and participating in consistent communication throughout customer service process including customer follow up.
- Maintaining and fully managing Zoho, the company’s Client Relationship Management (CRM) program, as well as other tools and functions to optimize the Sales team activities. This may include but is not limited to account details, sales history data, event planning support and profiles of inbound and outbound leads.
- Building relationships with various stakeholders by proactively following up on all requests, inquiries and concerns.
- Relaying information promptly and coordinating with internal teams and customers.
- Acting as a bridge between customers and Sales, generate defined consolidated sales and customers reports to Management team from which challenges, opportunities and problem solving can be identified.
- Understanding the needs and expectations of the customers and handling traffic communication while assisting by providing relevant options.
- Proactively handling and managing day-to-day logistics, such as but not limited to purchase orders, quality claims and complaints, working with transportation companies, tracking of deliveries and inventory status.
- Demonstrating different methods and approaches to achieve customer satisfaction. Actively participate in all Sales team meetings and reporting.
- Working closely with all internal team members and external customers to ensure high customer satisfaction.
- Ensuring follow-up by passing on leads to appropriate team members with calls-to-action, dates, complete profile information, sources, etc.
- Supporting the Sales team in coordinating relevant sales functions and responsibilities with exhibits, trade shows, and other events.
- Effectively track in the CRM and communicate all follow up customers’ activities for sales team members, assuring the Director of Sales is up-to-date on status on all activities.
- Completing other tasks as assigned by supervisor.