Location: Summerland, BC
Department: Sales and Marketing
Reports to: Jenn Armen, Vice-President
Leading the market with Arctic® branded fruit products that consistently deliver exceptional eating experience to consumers through transparent stakeholder outreach, communication and innovative science.
Okanagan Specialty Fruits lnc. (www.okspecialtyfruits.com) is a dynamic agriculture biotechnology company based in Summerland, BC, Canada that specializes in the development and market introduction of novel tree fruit varieties. This position supports our constantly expanding range of activities, including the commercialization of our nonbrowning Arctic® apple varieties (www.arcticapples.com) in both the US and Canada.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher; business and marketing majors preferred.
- Ten or more years’ experience in produce sales into both retail and foodservice plus five or more years experience in leading a sales team, marketing, logistics, and administering contracts within the perishable food industry, produce preferred.
- Proven experience with product positioning and market opportunity assessment.
- Direct sales success and proven track record closing deals in line with revenue expectations.
- Proficient at managing 12-month rolling forecasting.
- Experience hiring and forecasting for team expansion. Strong interpersonal skills. A problem solver that is resourceful, innovative and creative. Strong problem solving and communication skills, ability to work in a team environment.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with data analysis and reporting.
- Ability to travel by air, train, car as situation dictates.
- Increase sales through effective business development and strong relationships with new and existing customers.
- Collaborate with Senior Management to create and attain budgeted sales and profit goals and hit predetermined sales targets.
- Understand the challenges in the marketplace for products which may be supplied by the company and use this knowledge to propose new opportunities to the organization.
- Identify emerging markets and market shifts while monitoring new products and competition status.
- Collaborate with brand management and operations to ensure continued on-target development of product portfolio.
- Provide input in the design and artwork of packaging and marketing materials to help assure team is on target in meeting customers’ expectations.
- Responsible for communicating harvest and packing goals in accordance with demand and operations.
- Participate in presentations and lead sales contract negotiations; represent OSF at industry events.
- Lead, direct and supervise reporting personnel and manage performance of assigned direct reports and others in the work unit to ensure optimal customer service and support, including tracking sales team metrics and reporting data to leadership.
- Provide development and learning opportunities to support the long-term growth of reporting team members.
- Design and implement a strategic sales plan that expands company’s customer base and ensures a strong market presence in retail and foodservice.
- Build and promote strong, long-lasting customer relationships by partnering with them and understanding their needs. Visit and contact customers on a regular basis.
- Work closely with OSF’s distribution partners.
- Present sales revenue and realistic forecasts to the management team, including weekly updates through meetings and reports based on insights from sales team.
- Plan and achieve annual growth in account penetration through gross profit dollars and gross profit percentage.
- Responsible for drafting budget for sales that allows for proper development of new business.
- Develop pricing strategies, balancing firm objectives and customer satisfaction.
- Complete other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.