With a wider variety of products to choose from than ever before, there are countless factors that motivate shoppers to choose one food over another. With one tiny genetic change, Arctic® apples gain a number of benefits over their conventional counterparts, but which are the most appealing to consumers?
To find out, we asked participants in our mall intercept survey which facts made them more interested in buying Arctic® apples. Below, learn the top six reasons the noted percentage of consumers say they’re more likely to purchase nonbrowning Arctic® apples:
- A cut Arctic® apple can be refrigerated in a zip-lock type bag for several days without any noticeable browning (86%)
- Nonbrowning Arctic® apples save consumers money, since these apples are eaten instead of being thrown away when they turn brown (85%)
- Nonbrowning Arctic® apples made into freshcut apple slices won’t require treatment with lemon juice or chemicals, the way that regular apples must be treated to prevent them from browning (84%)
- Arctic® apples will benefit every member of the apple supply chain by reducing surface damage and fruit downgrading (84%)
- The U.S. Food and Drug Administration and the U.S. Department of Agriculture have worked together to ensure that Arctic® apples are completely safe and just like any other apple variety (83%)
- Pre-cut Arctic® apples have higher levels of health-promoting antioxidants like Vitamin C than apples that brown, because during the browning process those antioxidants are used up (83%)
These are just a few of the many reasons consumers can’t wait for Arctic® apples! Stay tuned for our final post covering the most notable findings from our mall intercept research as a whole, and be sure to check out our posts on consumer distaste for browning, the visual impact of Arctic® apples, and the taste advantage nonbrowning offers.