Okanagan Specialty Fruits Inc. (www.okspecialtyfruits.com) is a dynamic agriculture biotechnology company based in Summerland, BC, Canada that specializes in the development and market introduction of novel tree fruit varieties. This position supports our constantly expanding range of activities, including the commercialization of our nonbrowning Arctic® apple varieties (www.arcticapples.com) in both the US and Canada.
We’re seeking a skilled individual to be responsible for Senior Finance and Accounting to strengthen our growing team (title TBD based on skill set). This position reports directly to the OSF president, Neal Carter.
Interested? Review the job description below and apply by Friday, February 2 to email@example.com.
Position: Senior Finance and Accounting
(Title TBD based on skills)
Location: Summerland, BC
Reports to: Neal Carter, President
Status: Full Time
Leading the market with Arctic® branded fruit products that consistently deliver exceptional eating experience to consumers through transparent stakeholder outreach, communication and innovative science.
Okanagan Specialty Fruits Inc. (OSF) is seeking a dynamic, growth-focused senior staff member with strong skills in corporate finance and accounting who will oversee the integrity of all accounting transactions for this wholly-owned Intrexon subsidiary and assist with financial reporting. She/he will report to the company president and have direct responsibility for accounting, finance, budgeting and planning, project financial management and management of corporate and subsidiary finance activities. This role will ensure company accounting procedures conform to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and internal controls and policies are efficiently and appropriately designed to facilitate accurate internal and external financial reporting.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Based on existing systems in place further develop a thorough set of accounting policies and procedures, general ledger structure and financial statements to meet monthly and quarterly reporting deadlines to the parent company and conformity with GAAP.
- Oversee daily operations including payroll, billing and accounts receivable, accounts payable, and general accounting.
- Work with Canadian accountants to execute monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements and conversion to USGAAP; work with US accountants to deliver sister company financial statements and the consolidation of the two.
- Work in cross-function manner with parent company, Intrexon Corp., in corporate and subsidiary finance management, including providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial trends and financial statements and developing tools for continuous evaluation of short and long-term strategic financial objectives.
- Maintain key accounting and finance database systems.
- Identify and drive cost savings and purchasing opportunities, working with other operating divisions as needed.
- Scaling financial capacity and operations to pace with business growth, goals and objectives.
- Manage internal controls and compliance requirements as related to financial reporting, business continuity and other entity controls.
- Analyze monthly financial statements and variance explanations.
- Build an accounting and finance team to meet growth expectations and supervise reporting accounts team as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and Finance; Chartered Professional Accountant or Certified Public Accountant preferred.
- Minimum 5 years related experience; accounting, financial analysis and budget management.
- Financial accounting and reporting experience.
- Experience with domestic and international subsidiaries, including establishing controls and managing financial reporting, preferred.
- Experience working with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance and developing and overseeing proper policies and procedures that conform to such requirements.
- Strong understanding of Canadian and US GAAP.
- Online produce retail and/or food manufacturing accounting experience is a plus.
- Experience with QuickBooks and/or Microsoft Dynamics SL Accounting Software (or other accounting software application) required.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications required, advanced knowledge of Excel functionality required.
- Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning software (ERP) is advantageous.
DESIRED KEY COMPETENCIES:
- Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented self-starter with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels to report information and answer questions.
- Ability to efficiently manage tasks and adjust rapidly to changing environmental priorities.
- Demonstrate the highest ethical standards and trustworthiness.
- Ability to achieve in a milestone-driven, rapidly changing environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently on various types of tasks.
- Ability to cross-train and maintain knowledge on assigned back-up duties.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in various situations.
- Frequent: Speaking; hearing; sitting; use of hands/fingers; handling or feeling objects, tools or controls; close vision; color vision; peripheral vision; ability to adjust focus.
- Occasional: Standing; walking indoors; reaching with hands and arms; stooping; kneeling; crouching; lifting and/or move up to 10 lbs.
- General: Moderate noise level, similar to typical office environment with computers, printers and light traffic.
Please direct all cover letters, resumes and inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline to submit applications is Friday, February 2, 2018.