Okanagan Specialty Fruits Inc. (www.okspecialtyfruits.com) is a dynamic agriculture biotechnology company based in Summerland, BC, Canada that specializes in the development and market introduction of novel tree fruit varieties. This position supports our constantly expanding range of activities, including the commercialization of our nonbrowning Arctic® apple varieties (www.arcticapples.com) in both the US and Canada.
With OSF’s flagship brand, Arctic® apples, becoming commercially available to consumers, we are seeking a seasoned Marketing Specialist capable of enthusiastically and effectively managing marketing projects, championing the Arctic® brand and its key messages and supporting OSF’s organizational strategies. This staff member will report to the company’s Director, Business Development & Marketing and work closely with other OSF team members and consultants on marketing related tasks and a variety of other activities.
OSF’s Marketing Specialist should be a self-motivated team player, able to efficiently prioritize and coordinate a wide range of projects while displaying a positive attitude. This individual will be a skilled marketing professional who can adapt to a fast-paced collaborative environment. They must be confident in making informed, evidence-based decisions that align with overall project and company objectives.
Location: Summerland, BC (must be willing to relocate)
Salary: Commensurate with industry standards and experience
Work Experience: >8 years relevant marketing experience
Education: Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related discipline
Skills & Attributes:
- Relevant experience and proven track record of success in previous marketing responsibilities.
- Creative visionary able to brainstorm exciting marketing and promotional campaigns to achieve brand goals for consumer products in retail market.
- Agency experience a plus – either as a client or a vendor.
- Media purchasing knowledge required for print and digital formats.
- Enthusiastic, positive energy that aligns with the company’s entrepreneurial attitude.
- Ability to efficiently manage project timelines, budgets and goals.
- Knowledge of consumer product packaging desired, especially with fresh produce.
- Proven ability to develop strong working relationships with outside vendors as well as internal staff.
- Self-motivated with a can-do attitude.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite; Piktochart experience a plus.
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills mandatory.
- Goal- and team-oriented mentality that enables candidate to effectively coordinate marketing and communications activities with other team members.
- Impeccable attention to detail in all marketing and communications-related activities.
- Professional in writing, by phone, by video and in person.
- Annually develop and update a marketing plan in support of OSF’s commercial strategy.
- Play a key role in the execution of OSF’s marketing and advertising projects to meet objectives within approved budget and goals.
- Ensure that marketing and communications activities are accurate and consistent with OSF’s strategies, key messages and brand personality.
- Perform regular reviews of all product line collateral to insure accuracy and adherence to branding strategies.
- Develop collateral delivery program for efficiently shipping materials to meetings, outreach patrons, customers and tradeshows.
- Coordinate with other OSF team members on marketing documents, collateral, web copy, email copy, presentations, blog posts, infographics, etc. ensuring accuracy and consistency with overarching OSF/Arctic® messaging strategies.
- Communicate and deliver all updated collateral to team members as needed for their use, including ensuring proper storage of documents in OSF’s file management platforms.
- Manage coordination and relationships with outside vendors as assigned for various projects.
- Assist with tradeshow set up/delivery management and projects associated with tradeshows.
- Stay apprised of produce and biotech industry news, trends and market changes.
- Prepare annual media calendar based on budgets and overall advertising plan.
- Become a brand advocate able to effectively and consistently represent the voice of the Arctic® brand across all platforms and build relationships with media industry representatives as required.
- Generate weekly project progress report.
- Perform other duties as directed by supervisor.
Deadline for applications is March 7, 2018. Please direct all cover letters and resumes to email@example.com