Okanagan Specialty Fruits Inc. (www.okspecialtyfruits.com) is a dynamic agriculture biotechnology company based in Summerland, BC, Canada that specializes in the development and market introduction of novel tree fruit varieties. This position supports our constantly expanding range of activities, including the commercialization of our nonbrowning Arctic® apple varieties (www.arcticapples.com) in both the US and Canada.
With OSF’s flagship brand, Arctic® apples, becoming commercially available to consumers, we are seeking a Digital Marketing Specialist capable of enthusiastically and effectively communicating OSF’s personality and key messages, with a focus on online channels. This staff member will report to the company’s Communications Specialist and also work closely with other OSF team members on tasks related to communications and marketing.
OSF’s Digital Marketing Specialist should be able to work as a self-motivated team player, able to efficiently prioritize and coordinate a wide range of responsibilities while displaying a positive attitude. This individual will be a skilled communicator and marketer across online channels who can adapt to a rapidly changing environment as part of a quickly growing team.
Location: Summerland, BC
Salary: Commensurate with industry standards and experience
Work Experience: >4 years relevant experience
Education: Bachelor’s degree related to Communications, Marketing or commensurate experience
Skills & Attributes
- Relevant experience and proven track record of success in previous marketing and communications-related responsibilities, especially social media activities.
- Creative visionary able to brainstorm exciting marketing and promotional campaigns and contests for social media.
- Knowledge in acquisition and conversion marketing, including SEO, SEM, display advertising, social advertising, conversion tracking and optimization.
- Enthusiastic, positive energy that aligns with the company’s entrepreneurial attitude.
- A skilled, passionate communicator able to digest technical subject matter and communicate it to others (including laypersons).
- Ability to optimize the Arctic® brand’s online presence through proficient utilization of marketing strategies including SEO strengthening, engagement-driving campaigns, promotion of key messaging and effective evaluation of target groups and individuals.
- Self-motivated and in possession of skillset and confidence to proactively drive OSF’s marketing and communications plans.
- Expert in the use of social media to achieve business goals.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, WordPress, mass email software, Google Analytics, Adobe Creative, and social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and LinkedIn.
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills coupled with strong proficiency in a wide variety of communications programs and applications.
- Goal- and team-oriented mentality that enables candidate to effectively coordinate marketing and communications activities with other team members while also setting and achieving measurable goals and outreach targets.
- Impeccable attention to detail in all communications-related activities.
- Professional in writing, by phone, by video and in person.
- Take a lead role in OSF’s social media activities across multiple platforms, including but not limited to Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin, Pinterest and Instagram, and work to achieve measurable quarterly social media metric targets.
- Ensure that communications activities are accurate and consistent with OSF’s strategies, key messages and brand personality.
- Execute on the company’s communications strategy and objectives, especially in support of OSF’s flagship Arctic®
- Develop, monitor and achieve measurable goals that allow OSF to evaluate the impact and progress of communications activities, company/product milestones, external factors, etc.
- Draft and work with other OSF team members on marketing communications documents, collateral, web copy, email copy, presentations, blog posts, infographics, etc. ensuring accuracy and consistency with overarching OSF/Arctic® messaging strategies.
- Monitor discussions on social media and other online channels relating to both the produce and ag-biotech industries.
- Stay apprised of current marketing trends and techniques.
- Prepare quarterly social media content calendar.
- Become a brand advocate able to effectively and consistently represent the voice of the Arctic® brand across all platforms and build relationships with followers and influencers.
- Produce and develop digital content (videos, images, graphics) for use on social media channels.
- Generate weekly analytic updates and more in-depth reports on a quarterly basis.
- Perform other duties as directed by supervisor.
Please direct all resumes, cover letters and questions to [email protected]
Closing Date: Friday, October 27, 2017