Apple growing is cutting-edge work
Apples have been grown by humans for thousands of years, but modern apple production is cutting-edge work. From defending crops against environmental and pest-related pressures to developing new apple and rootstock varieties, those who fail to improve the techniques in their orchards will be left behind in the wake of early adopters to beneficial advances. We aim to be among those leading the way and want to work with others who desire the same.
- Less impact from finger bruising, bin rubs and other superficial damage
- Higher packouts and less waste means higher returns
- Incremental value due to more fruit packed out at a higher grade
- Better suitability for mechanical harvesting
- Arctic® apple growers will be given priority to potential future traits such as fire blight and apple scab resistance