Arctic® apple offers superior fresh cut, processed products
Processors play an important role in taking new produce products to market. Processed Arctic® apples – such as freshcut fruit, and juices – offer line extension opportunities akin to low-hanging fruit (pun intended).
Arctic apples are a natural for processors. The freshcut fruit and fresh juice markets have boomed in recent years – yet apples haven’t enjoyed a commensurate piece of that pie given their position as America’s favorite fruit. Why? In large part, because of the limitations of apple browning.
The benefits of becoming a licensed Arctic apple processor include:
- The competitive advantage of a new entry into the processed fruit category
- No evident slicing damage
- Significantly lower use of antioxidant treatments on freshcut apples, significantly lowering production costs
- More of the apple’s natural flavor shines through, without the mask of off flavors caused by antioxidant treatments
- Longer-lasting eye appeal of freshcut, dried and processed apples
- Apples can be dried without relying on antioxidant sulfites, significantly lowering production costs
- Allergen issues associated with sulfite use on dried apples are avoided
- Apple juice and sauce that is the color of apples offer new blending, product and ingredient opportunities, as well as extending product line options