Versatility of apples creates processing opportunities
Around one third of apple apples grown in North America are eventually sold as processed products, a testament to how many different ways consumers like to enjoy apples. Arctic® apples can reduce costs while also opening the door for even more exciting, new high-quality apple products.
- Avoid the costs, off-taste and altered texture that can accompany anti-browning solutions
- More of the natural flavor from each variety is maintained
- Opens door to variety-specific juices, sauces, and more given they retain their original color
- Allows for new blending, product and ingredient opportunities
- Allergen issues associated with sulfite use on dried apples are avoided